Friday, March 18, 2016

His Cars...

Upon returning from the military in 1968, I bought a 1967 Ford Fairlane (burgundy in color). My mom helped me to buy it (she did the negotiating). After that car, I traded it in and bought a 1968 Chevrolet 2-door caprice. It was blue with a white vinyl top. After that car, which I sold to my brother, I bought a 1972 ford torino…a lighter green in color…2 door also. I started having problems with it so I knew it was time for me to look for another automobile. After that, I bought a 1974 Ford LTD, brown with a brown top. It was a very luxurious car. It drove well. I liked that car and hated to get rid of it. After that car, I wanted a more newer car. So I went out to a Buick dealership and bought a Buick La Sabre, white with burgundy seats. It was a very beautiful car, but the engine was too small for it, being a heavy car. After that, I traveled to Morrilton, AR and saw and bought another Ford LTD. I traveled all over the state of Arkansas in that car. It was also a luxurious car. I drove through Malvern, AR and decided I wanted a truck too. So I bought a 1973 Chevrolet truck. My dad assisted me with getting that vehicle home. After that, I got married. I remember my dad saw my wife driving my car before we got married and said to my mom, “who is that driving “the boy’s” car?” After my wife and I got married, I drove those vehicles for several years. Later, I traded the car for a small Buick. We had this car during the time we had our children. My wife became the primary driver of this vehicle. I started having a lot of problems with this car. So as I was going through Searcy, Arkansas one day, I decided to look at cars and saw a Mercury Marquis I liked. So I traded our car for this one. The Mercury was beige, loaded, and brand new. After that car, I mostly drove the Monte Carlo that my wife brought into the marriage. But my wife felt like I needed my own vehicle. So I went and bought a white Cadillac from Parker Cadillac. The Marquis started to act up, so we traded it in for an 88 Oldsmobile. Later, we were in a couple of accidents with my Cadillac and a new Cadillac that I bought. After these, I bought a black Q45 that we all fell in love with. After the Q45, I traded it in for a Lexus, while my wife was still driving her Oldsmobile. I eventually bought my wife an Avalon. After the Lexus, I traded it in for another Q45. To get my wife a car, I traded my Q45 in for a Lexus for her. So I started driving what was formerly her Avalon. Eventually I bought a green truck, then a white truck. Later, I traded the Lexus for another Lexus and got a newer Avalon for our Avalon. Then I traded the Avalon for a BMW which gave me back issues. I eventually traded the BMW for my current Cadillac….

No comments:

Post a Comment